Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Etsy Recommedations - Rose of Sharon Acres


As a new series for the blog, I will be sharing some of my favorite Etsy shops from the perspective of a buyer. Rose of Sharon Acres is still on Etsy, but the bulk of their products are on their personal website roseofsharonacres.com. I discovered Rose of Sharon Acres a couple of years ago when looking for a natural alternative to cortisone for a patch of eczema on my arm. That is when I found their tea tree/lavender salve which immediately worked wonders, as well as smelling so lovely.

I branched out to soaps, like the lavender soap seen above which is DIVINE and great for your face and body. The bars last a long time and, in my opinion, are unparalleled. I have tried other soap makers on Etsy, and though I've had mixed experiences from great to not so great (no naming names here!) I haven't found anyone that makes a product as natural, healing, great smelling, and long lasting.

I've also tried their tooth chips (soap for teeth) which admittedly take a little getting used to, but I swear your teeth will never feel cleaner! Rose of Sharon Acres offers a wide range of natural products, including luxurious lotions that make your skin feel like silk and smell great. As for the smell of all of their products, it's just how I like it - NATURAL. The rose smell smells like a real rose, the lavender is real lavender - no chemically or sickly sweet "fake" smells here!

Edited to add: How could I forget my most recent purchase - their blemish balm! Yes, I'm in my mid thirties and still get the occasional pimple. *sigh* I've tried so many over the counter products that typically just make the matter so much worse. But now, at the first sign of a blemish, I put just a little bit of balm on that spot and it goes away without blossoming into a full-blown monster. I bought one tin of it (I see it now comes in chapstick containers - brilliant!) and it's still more than half full after using it for quite some time. I highly recommend this product for folks dealing with adult acne or for teens struggling with clear skin.

The products are fabulous, the customer service is top notch, and I just can't say enough great things about them. In fact, you can read my testimonial I wrote years ago on their website - mine is the one next to the salve that begins "At the risk of...". (By the way, I no longer have eczema!).

Visit their shop today and buy with confidence!
http://www.roseofsharonacres.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/roseofsharonacres

2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about this shop Jessica. I ordered some tooth spritz and shampoo bar. I've been wanting to try something more natural for both my teeth and hair, this is perfect! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be so pleased! Thanks you for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete